CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 30, 2008

Miss "In Charge"

Today, while lounging about at the Haight's home, Karly displayed her natural ability to take charge. The girl may be one of my best friends, but she sure won't let that get in the way of standard procedure.

Kelli was at the table working on her laptop. Adam, Karly, and Scott were all sitting at the counter bar eating lunch. I was enjoying the view in the fish tank, commenting on activity therein, when I noted "That big yellow fish is a real brat!" There was a moment of natural silence. Karly, clearly having thought this through, leaned back in her tall bar chair and said "Laura..."

"Yes?", I replied.

"In our family, it is not ok to say "Brat", she explained in a matter-of-fact way.

All of us struggled to supress giggles, and as we did, I squeaked out a little "I'm sorry, Karly".

More silence and supressed gigges, and then, with every ounce of attitude in her little body, Karly quietly yet directly stated...

"You should be sorry."

Breathless laughter broke out in all of us. She may be only four years old and the only person under the age of 25 in the room, but that will never stop Karly from saying what she thinks.

1 comments:

NLBlack said...

I hope she caused you to serve time in the "Naughty Chair"!!!! How dare you??? ;-)