CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

I cannot get my body to do what I want it to do. All I want is to go to bed at midnight and wake up at eight. Ideally, I'd get to bed at eleven and wake up at seven, but I don't get home until ten thirty most nights and I can't just go to sleep. I have to unwind first. Help help help. I'm so tired right now and I want to sleep, but I can't and tomorrow I won't want to wake up until nine or ten. I can't waste mornings like that! I refuse to take sleep aids. I need to discipline myself into doing this. I know that if I focus on my breathing while laying in bed, I will fall asleep eventually. That's what I need to do. Let's try it now.





Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........

4 comments:

The Wibergs said...

Wade hates my ability to fall asleep. I try to explain how I unwind to him, but he just gets frustrated when trying.

So at the risk of frustrating you too...Put on your most comfy clothes, cover yourself in lots of blankets or a big pillow (even if hot--the weight is comforting and you'll kick it off when your asleep), turn OFF the TV, close eyes, stop thinking (if you catch yourself redirect your thoughts to black, empty, nothing), breath deeply. Whala, you're asleep!

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

One word.... melatonin.

All natural. Trader Joe's is great.

NLB

Laura said...

Good suggestions. The melatonin thing I've tried, and I don't remember it working, but I can give it another whirl. I don't think I could possibly stand the blanket and pillow thing in Fresno heat, but that sounds like it would work, too. I don't have TV anymore, so that should help too. I know that was a factor in my late nights at my last apartment. I'd turn it on just because it was there. I woke up at 8:30 today, so maybe I'll be tired tonight and start slowly shifting to sleeping period I'd like. Yay.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try them.

Jolly Green Giant said...

I know what you mean about the REM cycle, my body is so out of wack that I am not sure if it even knows what REM is, It might know what the R stands for but thats about it

Your Beautiful Good job on your first hour of running