CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Two weeks of school have passed. I am already fed up with it. Work and school are not condusive with one another. I am fully enjoying this much needed break today. I get up at seven, go to school to put in lab hours (eight per week, minimum) at the costume or scene shop (a big stupid waste of my time for a theatre arts requirement). Ok, so the experience is good, but it just takes so much TIME!!!! The one thing I do not have readily available in my life. 90 hours over the course of one semester. Bleh. So I work in the shop, then run to ballet for two hours, then modern for two hours, then I RUN across campus to my condo, hop in my car and drive to work. Oh work. I won't even get into that here. I work for eight hours (no breaks in my job. we sign a waiver), close up shop at ten (if I'm lucky and don't have to stay late for any aircraft), and head home. Once home, I try to shower, do a bit of homework, and say hello to my boyfriend down the road (our one year anniversary is tomorrow). We read scriptures and then I head off to bed, hopefully by midnight or 1 AM. Wake up at seven on Tues/Thurs, work in the shop, go to theatre craft (which is the class in which I learn HOW to work in the shop), work in the shop some more (unless they let me go do homework), run to choreography class, RUN to my car, go to work. Nightly routine. Sleep. Do it again. Thankfully, I have Sundays off this semester. HALLELUIA!!!! Mondays are the longest. I'm off work, but I have rehearsals all night. I work in the shop till ten, go to ballet, modern, go back to the shop for three more hours, then go to University Dance Theatre class (production class) and choreograph and rehearse for three hours after an hour of warm-up and production business. Saturday mornings will be spent catching up on Gerontology homework (a class I thought would be fascinating but is proving rather dull and taxing...) and then I work saturday nights. Thank goodness for Sundays.

Then there is the rest of life to worry about. I have cavities to fill, root canals to endure, bills to pay, no time to set extra appointments, trying to plan everything months or years in advance, figuring out next fall's schedule, will I be able to get a loan for grad school, how many kinesiology courses must I take prior to entering the program, lose weight eternally, save for that car, pay for school, am I getting married next year and how will that affect my plans for school, my boss hates me and I don't know how much longer I can put up with that, when did I become an adult, can't I be five years old again, is everything going to be ok or will I fall apart half way through the semester, maybe I can't do this afterall, I'm so tired. I need a good cry. I'm not really sad. I'm scared. And I need a good, hefty, long, unreasonable cry. Somebody poke me with a pin or something. Let's get it started so I can get it out and move on.

5 comments:

NLBlack said...

First, it is ok to have that nice, long cry. We all need that from time to time, and with your schedule this semester, you really need it! You are talking to Steve on the other line, or I'd be calling you right now.

Next, sometimes I wish you were 5 again, and you could come home from a hard morning at kindergarten to a scavenger hunt to find clues that finally lead you to "The Little Mermaid" video. Remember?

Maybe I just need to come out to your condo and leave a few clues one day..... hmmmmm.....

Staley Family said...

Sorry to hear how hard things are going. I used to be able to relate to that kind of schedule, but now my scheduling circles around kids school and activities and every other family outing that we are obligated to attend. And yes that was us at Woodward Park in Fresno and yes Laura was there. She is the tall one standing in front with the black shirt on. Take it easy, it will all work out for you at sometime. And go ahead and have that cry, it always works for me.

Laura said...

Tricia -
First, Yeah, after reading your blog, I feel MUCH better. Holy cow! How do you keep up?! Second, I'm so bummed that I missed you guys! But I hope the shower was great.

Mom-
Of course I remember that! That was the best surprise EVER! So much fun. My mom is the best. Love you.

Helena said...

MARRIED?! Where have I been?

The VerNooy's said...

Your schedule is definitely insane!!! You should take a vacation when you can, like on your day off, just go somewhere, either by your self, or with Scott, and it will give you some time to clear your head, and give you a second wind. Secondly, you better tell me when you get engaged! And thirdly, I wouldn't worry about planning a wedding until the time actually comes. Bishop Lundquist told us that married coupled do better in school. I think it's because there is a good, solid support system at home. :) Anyways, good luck with it all. Let me know if you need anything, I don't do much as of right now. Just a stay at home wife, but I do have a job interview tomorrow though. Love ya,
Tiana