CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 2, 2008

In my first semester at CSUF, the head of the dance department insisted that we learn all other dance option majors' names. We played games every day to help us remember (think mom with a student in the piano studio with a bean bag and a large piano mat - yeah, that kind of game). One day we did a rhyming game. I became Laura the Explora (a name which my boss has now lovingly adopted...bleh). One girl in our class is honestly named April Flowers. Her rhyme was "April Flowers Hates May Showers". She hates the water. Dreads it. How oddly feline of her. Let's just hope she never meets anyone named May Showers (duh dun - kshshhhhh! Thank you, I'll be here all week).

Soooo, tonight is my first night at my new apartment. I am completely exhausted from moving all day. I have upgraded from one dainty carload of possesions to four hulking carloads. And moving upstairs is less fun than I remember. Bear in mind that I remember it being the stinkiest thing ever. Conclusion: Moving upstairs has gotten worse since I last tried it. The whole industry is probably going down the tube. Good ridance.

My roommates seem to be awesome. The condo is, undoubtedly so. I have SPACE! Funny, I'm writing a paper on space at the moment (the "look at me, mommy! Look how fast I can run across an open room!" sort of space, not the "Wow, the earth looks so tiny from up here" kind). I hope some of you can come see my new place soon. It's pretty adorable. You'll love my roommates, too. I'll miss Katy Kelly. She was the best. But I'll still see her at church.

Scott and I leave for San Fran in the morning. I found the dress!!!! Thank you for all your suggestions. The dress is perfect for the occasion, simple, gorgeous, modest, and reasonably priced. AND great for church. I'll wear it "an hundred" times, I'm sure. The shoes are adorable and were only ten bucks!!! Lucky me! I'm all set for my adventure in the dirty city this weekend. Should be interesting. I'm sure you will be seeing plenty of pictures here soon.
Until then, I should probably consider entering a REM cycle. End.

6 comments:

The Wibergs said...

Laura, I didn't know you were moving. Email me your new address, k? Glad you found your dress & hope you have fun in the big city. I always LOVE going to San Francisco!

Kelli said...

May Showers. You're so witty. Where do you get it from?

You need to e-mail me your new info too.

Kelli said...

May Showers. You're so witty. Where do you get it from?

You need to e-mail me your new info too.

The Wibergs said...

Hello? I thought you were addicted to this blogging thing. Guess not if you can take a day off! Come on--I need my fix!

Wait. Maybe I'm the one with a problem.

The Wibergs said...

Hello? I thought you were addicted to this blogging thing. Guess not if you can take a day off! Come on--I need my fix!

Wait. Maybe I'm the one with a problem.

The Wibergs said...

why does it post comments 2x?