CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 9, 2008

If you have ever had the pleasure of a surprise bubbling, you will know the joy of which I speak.

When a messy bottle of liquid dish soap (with excess amounts of dried soap stuck to the outside of the nozzle) gets wet and is then squeezed while standing straight up (so that air comes out before soap), a miraculous thing happens; a surprise bubbling! Itty bitty bubbles go flying all over, and the subject (so long as they are not a complete fool) is left in awe of the sight. It's a glorious encounter that only a few, privilaged dish-doers have the pleasure of experiencing. We pay the price of wrinkled hands for a sight that even the internet cannot capture (I know. I searched for quite some time. No images of accidental or surprise bubblings, no matter how you phrase it...).



I had a surprise bubbling tonight at work, which is lucky, because it was a pretty lousy night of work. Excessively busy, extremely loud... We had a Hawker 800 running their APU for an hour after landing. It made a high-pitched squeal like feedback from a microphone. That noise, powered by one of the largest non-commercial jet engines available, sat 300 feet from me, separated by a piece of plexiglass. I was stuck rather unhappily answering phones and struggling to decipher radio transmissions through the noise. Can we say headache? When a NetJets pilot asked me to wash his dishes, I was ready to break the plates over his head. I took the dishes into the back kitchen with a smile and begrudgingly began to wash. As I reached for the dishsoap, the Hawker shut off the APU, silence kissed my ears, and God decided to pat me on the head with a surprise bubbling when I picked up the half-empty and rather messy bottle of soap.



SPLURT! *Gasp*

"PREEEEEETTY!!!!!! BUBBLLLLLLLLLLLLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Little bubbles everywhere!"

And for a moment, I am happily five years old again. Mine forever. What a fantastic life.
:) The End.

9 comments:

Jolly Green Giant said...

I love those undercover bubbles that Like to sneak up on you and when you least expect it scare the bejibbers out of you. What fun lives we lead indeed

Anonymous said...

I love your writing!!! And bubbles.

Now, how about the photos from the date????

NLB

Wendy said...

beautiful... LOL

The Wibergs said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!!!!!

The Wibergs said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!!!!!

The Wibergs said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!!!!!

The Wibergs said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!!!!!

The Wibergs said...

Wow. I only meant to post that once. I guess I'm wishing you a SUPER happy birthday!

Laura said...

wow... thanks!!!